Early Pioneers In Total Health Care Management
- Dr. Janis S. DiMonaco, Ph.D., founder of HMC, began her career as a clinical social worker in private practice in Springfield, Massachusetts.
- Expanded her private practice to offer Employee Assistance Programs (EAP) and wellness programs.
- Developed and implemented a regional network of clinical staff model offices for referrals and/or face-to-face treatment. Shortly thereafter, behavioral health programs were added to HMC’s portfolio.
- Opened a medical screening/urgent care center and began coordinating health fairs, offering health risk assessments and biometric screenings.
- Developed and offered a carve-out solution for utilization review/case management, disability management, and work/life programs.
- Developed a robust network of providers and facilities to support the EAP and behavioral health programs.
- Developed and offered an early intervention and managed care program for workers compensation.
- Established and administered a medical surgical PPO for the Connecticut Coalition of Taft-Hartley Funds.
- Recognized as the premier provider of EAP and Managed Behavioral Health Services, Dr. DiMonaco merged HMC with Managed Health Network, and served as Executive Vice President of the Labor and Trust Division.
- Formalized an agreement with NMHCRx, now Catamaran, to develop integrated pharmacy management programs with the health management programs provided by HMC.
- Health Management Concepts, Inc. (HMC) is formed, operating under the brand name of HMC HealthWorks, to provide administration, project management, quality assurance, implementation, and outcome analysis of integrated healthcare management programs.
- Subcontracted with APS Healthcare to offer EAP, behavioral health, wellness and disease management programs.
- Launched a fully integrated clinical model, with the wellness and disease management division being provided by HMC staff located in the Jupiter, Florida office.
- Opened a sales/administrative office in Hartford, Connecticut.
- Opened a clinical office in Irvine, California.
- Launched the EAP and Managed Behavioral Health division.
- Opened a clinical office in Columbia, Maryland.
- Developed and offered clinical integration of behavioral health, disability, wellness and disease management.
- Launched a new brand, HMC movere, focusing on the enterprise and broker/commercial markets.
Received full Disease Management Accreditation from URAC, a Washington, DC-based healthcare accrediting organization that establishes quality standards for the healthcare industry.