This policy is effective as of January 1, 2018.
How Information is Collected and Used
The HMC Site is meant to provide information on HMC’s programs and services. The only personally identifiable information the Site obtains is information that you voluntarily provide. The Site collects certain information from you in three ways: (I) from web server logs, (ii) with cookies and web analytics tools, and (iii) directly from you.
By using the Site, you agree to be bound by the terms of this Policy.
1) Why We Collect PII and Other Information
- We use this information to help us deliver more relevant HMC marketing messages on the Site and on non-HMC websites or via email, as well as for performance measurements and other business analytics purposes.
- This information is used to modify the content you see, manage the frequency with which you see an advertisement, tailor advertisements to better match your interests, and understand the effectiveness of our advertising.
- We use this information to manage and protect the Site, our network, and users from fraudulent, abusive, and unlawful uses.
2) What PII and Other Information Do We Collect
- When you use the Site, information is collected about your device and your visit including browsing and searching activity as you interact with the Site; about your IP address; about the web addresses of the sites you come from and go to next; and about your connection, including your device’s browser, operating system, platform type, and internet connection speed.
- When you communicate with us directly, we collect information you provide such as the reason for contacting us and your contact information.
3) How We Collect and Use PII and Other Information
- We collect information when you communicate with us and when you use the Site.
- We obtain contact information and other marketing lead information from third parties and social media platforms, which we may combine with information we have to contact you or direct HMC HealthWorks’ marketing offers to you.
4) Sharing PII
We will never release, sell, rent, or otherwise provide the PII of any user to any third-party unless: (1) you expressly tell or permit us to disclose such information or (2) we believe in good faith that we must do so to comply with a legal requirement found in a law or regulation, or when served with a search warrant, subpoena, or court order.
5) Children’s Privacy Protection
The Site is not designed for or targeted toward children. We will not knowingly collect and maintain personally identifiable information directly from children under 13 years of age. If you think we have collected PII from a child under 13 years of age for whom you are the parent or guardian, please contact our Privacy Officer at the address provided in Section 9 below.
HMC uses appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security measures to protect PII and other information collected from our Site visitors and those who communicate directly with us.
Use of the internet is solely at your own risk and is subject to all applicable local, state, national, and international laws and regulations. We take measures to protect the security of your PII and to ensure that your choices for its intended use are honored. However, we cannot guarantee the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to us over the internet. We are not responsible for the security of any information transmitted via the internet.
Actual or attempted unauthorized use of the Site may result in criminal and/or civil prosecution. For your protection, HMC reserves the right to view, monitor, and record activity on the Site without notice or permission from you. Any information obtained by monitoring, reviewing, or recording is subject to review by law enforcement organizations in connection with investigation or prosecution of possible criminal activity on the Site.
This Policy may be revised from time to time as we add new features and services, as laws change, and as industry privacy and security practices evolve. However, we will take reasonable steps to notify you of material changes we make to this Policy. We display an effective date on the policy above so that it will be easier for you to know when there has been a change. You are responsible for regularly reviewing this Policy. Your continued use of the HMC site constitutes your acceptance of the revised terms. Small changes or changes that do not significantly affect individual privacy interests may be made at any time and without prior notice.
We regularly review our compliance with this Policy. If you have any questions or suggestions about how we treat personal information, please contact us at:
140 Intracoastal Pointe Drive, Suite 301
Jupiter, FL 33477
Attn: HMC Privacy Officer